A friend of mine attended a wedding in Abuja last Saturday, when he got to the church, the bride he saw was different from the one that was introduced to everyone during the traditional wedding.
Out of curiosity , he started asking what happened, then he was told the story of his life, a story i only see on tv.
To cut the long story short, the bride ran away a week to the white wedding, and the family of the guy out of anger and in a bid to save their family name (because is a royal wedding) asked their son if he has anyone (girl) he can use to replace the run-away bride, he now remembered his ex, the royal family went to the girl’s family, pleaded with the parents and offered a lot of money to allow their son marry their daughter.
The girl’s family and the girl agreed, within a week, all traditional marriage rites was concluded and on Saturday, the lady was taken to the altar as a bride and the weeding took place.
- As a lady, will you play second choice to any man irrespective of the condition/money he has?
- As a parent, would you allow your daughter to be married in such manner irrespective of the amount of money that was promised/offered?
- Is it normal for a church to wed another woman other than the one that was introduced to her one week to the wedding?
- As a man, can you allow yourself to be pushed into marrying another when your bride to be runs away just a week to the wedding to cover up family name?
- According to African tradition, can it be said that the run-away girl is still the wife of the man, since the traditional rites has been performed on her head?
- Can you say is a miracle/divine arrangement that the girl (New bride) married her ex?
Please constructive answers needed in comment section.